I can finally see a few signs of spring here in Ohio! There is a little green on the ground, the trees are starting to bloom, and the sun is in the sky a bit longer each day! We had a rough winter here and we are all ready for warm sunshine! After browsing my favorite magazines, and searching several of my go to shops on line, I have come up with a list of spring trends – items that will be hot this season. Or maybe they are just items that I want in my closet. I am sticking to my budget, so I will shop my closet first, and then add items as my clothing budget allows.
1. Spring sweaters – It is still chilly here in Ohio, so spring sweaters are a staple for me. I need to add some in pastel spring colors for this season. My favorite sweater is the J Crew Charley sweater. It comes in a variety of colors. Mint is on my list.
2. Stripes and gingham – I have a few striped tees, but I need a plaid button down in a light color for layering. You can wear buttons downs alone or layered with a jacket, and they look great casual or dressy. This one from Mindy Mae’s Market is fabulous.
3. Patterned pants – Old Navy has a great selection of these trendy bottoms, as does Loft. I love the Old Navy cropped pixie pant and just picked it up in the window pane pattern. I still love joggers for spring too!
4. Bold print and pom pom scarves – This is my favorite accessory no matter the season. Spring scarves should be colorful, light weight, and fun! Pair them with your favorite tee to create a more dressy look.
5. Casual tees – I always buy a white, gray, and black tee for the warmer months. I wear them all season and typically have to toss them in September. I love Old Navy and J Crew Factory for tees.
6. Handbags – I love a cross body bag for spring and summer. I like to have my hands free when traveling. I have never had a nice beach tote, so I need to pick one up soon. I love the Vera Bradley selection too!
7. Jewelry – I am using my birthday cash to purchase the Kendra Scott Rayne necklace. It coordinates with everything! I can’t decide if I should get turquoise, black, or white. Opinions?
8. Jackets – I wear jackets q lot in the evenings and I always take one when we travel. I even use them in the summer for movie theaters and dinners out. I think three jackets are staples for spring – military, denim, and a pretty pastel bomber.
What is on your spring wish list? Be blessed today!
$64 - nordstrom.com
$80 - dorothyperkins.com
$38 - nordstrom.com